Technology * Large blogs

I'm actually rather fond of those technology blogs which are run by teams. Quite a number of them out there. One reason I like them so much is the sheer number of posts they churn out daily and weekly. Several in a day usually. And I like that because I know that if I visit the site today, and then again tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that there will be more interesting new things to read about technology and gadgets when I visit again.

Also, the sheer size of these technology blogs creates opportunities for scale, of a sort. For example, since these blogs are so big, then a lot of tipsters, you know who they are, those people who come out with the blurry photos of the next big thing in consumer technology. These tipsters head for these large technology blogs when they want to release something into the wild. It's either that or the people who read the large blog alert its authors about the newest or most recent rumor or (maybe photoshopped) image.

No comments:

Post a Comment